First we went to this place where they were making traditional Hawaiian boats.
Notice that there are no metal parts! The whole boat is put together with rope! The boat bellow is a new one they have been working on, and it is 60 ft long! This boat was huge! They haven't even figured out how to get it to the water yet because it is so heavy!
Below is an ore for the boat above!
We found this little guy along the way!
Mango tree
Next, do you see that L shaped stone on the top right? They call it the Birthing Seat and Hawaiian royalty would sit on it to have their babies. The ocean was so rough here! I couldn't imagine that!
Next we went to an old printing press and learned some about the Hawaiian language.
This tour was so neat! I feel like I am doing it a disservice, we learned so much! Lahaina is where the Hawaiian Kings lived and is the most sacred place in the Hawaiian Islands! There is so much history here!
Just found this. Very interesting!
ReplyDelete