This weekend has been very exciting! Yesterday I went to see the old lava flows, and today I went to the Maui Ocean Center! I was so excited and blessed to go with a future zoologist, and a shark enthusiast! Both of whom were from Michigan! Now, I know the future zoologist told me all of the names to these fish, but I don't remember them, so I do not attest to the accuracy of this post. Let's just say when I don't know the names of the fish, I'm gonna make them up (Adam and Eve style :)
Yellow Fish
Bird Fish
Norbert Fish (doesn't he look like a Norbert???)
Scientific Name: Fishus Longus
This is a worm with featherlike lungs
Angry Robert Fish
Indian Rug Flounder
Ugly Fish
He yawned right when I walked up! He was so CUTE!
Hammer Head Shark
Diver feeding a sting ray
Happy Sting Ray
Tiger Shark
Unhappy Hammer Head Shark
If you see this fin in the water...swim fast!!!
1.Pretty close: Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens), lau’ipala.
ReplyDelete2.Bird Wrasse (Gomphosus varius), hinalea ‘I’iwi.
3.Norbert fish? Blue Spine Unicornfish (Naso unicornis), kala.
4.Trumpetfish (Aulostromus chinensis), nunu.
5.Well, not so much lungs, gills. Featherduster worm (Sabellastarte spectabillis).
6.Frog Fish
7.Flowery Flounder
8.Devil Scorpionfish
10.Scalloped Hammerhead
These are some great pictures!